Life’s circumstances can tempt you to spend which can make managing your money difficult.
By joining the OBC Stokvel, you use your money in a way that your whole family will benefit.
OBC Savings Club is where you can save and have access to benefits, savings deals and rewards.
WHY JOIN OBC SAVINGS CLUB?
Becoming an OBC Savings Club member is simple, safe and savvy.
- Joining is quick and easy- all you need is a valid ID.
- Your savings account is exclusive to you and protected by a unique card and your PIN number.
- Save according to your pocket! You can save any amount you choose and can afford.
- You can deposit and spend at any participating OBC store across the country.
- You can send OBC food vouchers to family members and relatives securely with a PIN and they don’t have to be a club member.
HOW IT WORKS?
To join the OBC Savings Club program is FREE.
If you lose your card or need a spare card, the OBC store may charge you R5 for each additional card required.
KEY CLUB MEMBER BENEFITS:
Club Members get access to a number of benefits such as:
- Send food vouchers to family and friends anywhere in the country – for Mahala.
- Be the first to get notifications of mid-month and month-end specials before they’re announced.
- Save your first R1000 and you will receive R25 airtime once off.
- As a Member, you are entitled to sign up for OBC’s Funeral plan for you and your family.
HOW TO REGISTER?
- Bring along your ID Book or Passport to join.
- An OBC staff member will scan your ID Book to capture your details and request your cellphone number.
- Your recent picture of yourself and your ID Book will be taken to identify you, in case you lose your card.
- A club card will be allocated to you and linked to your account.
- You will be asked to enter a PIN number that you will need to remember.
NB: DO NOT SHARE THIS PIN NUMBER WITH ANYBODY, THIS PIN IS CONFIDENTIAL AND RESTRICTS ANYONE ELSE FROM ACCESSING YOUR FUNDS!
- Once you have entered your unique PIN number which will be linked to your card, you are good to GO. You can now deposit funds into your savings account and start earning club benefits.
To access your Savings account and check your balance: Download the OBC app (Android phones only) OR Dial *120*5426#
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When can I start saving?
You can start saving at any time. The quicker you become a member, the quicker you will start saving towards your goal and benefit from all the promotions and specials offered to club members.
What if I lose my card?
Come to your nearest store as soon as possible to get a replacement card. Remember to bring you
ID Book or Passport with you. OBC will use your ID Book and your existing PIN number to issue you with a new card.
Please note: Even if your card is stolen, no one will be able to access your funds without your PIN number.
Please don’t give anyone your PIN number!
What if I forget my PIN Number?
Come to your nearest store as soon as possible to get a new PIN.
Remember to bring you ID Book or Passport with you.
OBC will use your ID Book and your existing card to issue you with a new PIN.
Remember: You will not be able to use your card or access your funds without the correct PIN.
Can I have more than one card linked to my account?
Yes, you can. Each card will have a different PIN number. This is an effective way of allowing your family to access your account for groceries anywhere in the country.
Can I use my Club Card at any OBC Store?
Yes. You can use your club card at any participating OBC store to deposit or buy goods.
Can I withdraw cash from my Club Card?
No, you cannot withdraw cash you have deposited into your club card. These funds must be used to purchase goods from OBC stores only.
What happens if I die? Can my family withdraw or use my funds?
If you die, your family will need to bring a copy of your ID Book and death certificate to a store.
This will be used by administration for assessment.
Once the assessment is complete, your family will then be paid out or can apply for a new card.
TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY
No.2000/022255/07 (“OBC”) to the authorised cardholder (“you”) being an OBC card client. 2.This document constitutes the agreement stating the terms and conditions under which the card is issued. By accepting and using the card, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. 3. The card is owned by OBC and will remain the property of OBC at all times and must be returned to OBC on request. USE OF THE CARD The card is not a credit card. The card provides access to a re-useable gift card account allowing you to deposit funds for the exclusive purchase of goods sold by participating OBC stores in South Africa. No goods at OBC Stores will be sold on Credit and therefore the provisions of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 shall not be applicable to this card. Funds cannot be withdrawn from the card and the card is not linked to any other OBC account. Deposits to the account can only be made in the participating OBC stores in South Africa. You will be requested to choose a personal identification number (PIN) to prevent unauthorised use of the card. You are the only person who may use the card. You may not allow any other person to use the card or to have access to your PIN. To review the full Terms and Conditions pertaining to the club program please visit the following link https://obcgroup.co.za/terms-and-conditions-for-use-of-the-obc-savings-club-card/
The OBC Saving Club card (“the card”) is issued by V-Switch, Registration No. 2015/041536/07. (“service provider”) in terms of an agreement with OBC Group (Pty) Ltd. Registration No.2000/022255/07 (“OBC”) to the authorised cardholder (“you”) being an OBC card client.